Home > Uncategorised > Finally! Another Problem Solved

Finally! Another Problem Solved

November 26th, 2006 Leave a comment Go to comments

I’ve been having a problem with Apache Ant for sometime. Whenever I ran it, I got an error about “tools.jar” not being found.

I finally got fed up with it this morning, and have quite quickly managed to find the solution to the problem. And wonderfully it’s all summed up in one short mailing list post, here.

Basically, on my Windows PC, I had installed the Java 1.5 JDK and the JRE. My path was set to use the JRE version of Java, but this does not have the “tools.jar” provided with it. However, it is supplied with the JDK.

So, to solve it, I simply added an environment variable called “JAVA_HOME”, and set it to the root of the JDK directory (in my case “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_09”). I’ve just tried it, and the message has gone.

I can’t believe it was that easy!

Categories: Uncategorised Tags:
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.